Monday, November 22, 2010

Omega the PVPer

I've always been an avid PVPer.

I remember spending hours upon hours on my old druid, endlessly shredding Allies as I carved my way a bloody path the Champion back in Vanilla WoW.

Though I had dabbled a bit in PVP with Omega, gear was always an issue for me in battle grounds. Everyone know's that waltzing in there in you PVE gear means you're going to be someone's bitch for the duration of the round.

But thankfully, because of some saved honour points and a little bit of extra justice points... soon Omega was rolling in his furious Gladiator set.

I burn things and they die

I initially went in as Affliction since that has always been my solo spec, but found that the slow and painful death that I enjoyed bringing was a little gimped in BGs. I needed to kill shit fast, and so I decided to flip things over the destruction.

I farking love Destruction for raiding, and having it as my off spec too was going to be interesting.

It certainly required me to be a lot more 'on my toes'

Forgoing the "cast and forget" play style of Affliction, Destruction almost plays like a side-scrolling shooter. You're constantly moving and setting up nukes, and because I'm more of a 'key bind guy' and not a 'clicker' ... the action got pretty frantic.

Soon I had gathered enough points to deck my self out in the Wrathful pvp set, and now it was all just a matter of tweaking stats here and there to get what I wanted out of my build.

I also prefer the look of my PVP set over my PVE set >_< A lot of guides I read say to stack Destruction up with as much haste as possible, about 944 haste I believe is what we should aim for. At this number our immolates start to tick at every second and the accumulative damage over time means a bigger Conflagrate.

I always believe that classes should be played to their strength and I think the Destruction locks strength is his ability to burst damage. So all the off pieces my lock is wearing is geared towards haste, while my set gear has been reforged to add more haste. I've kind of unintentionally stumbled across a magic balance at the moment, as I find I am able to do big damage rather fast, so BGs is a lot of fun.

I found an awesome guide over at The Warlocks Den that taught me a few things I didn't know, And I also spent hours just watching Drakedog videos for play style tweaks and such.

So now I hardly ever do anything else aside from logging in and PVPing. When Cataclysm hits I'm really hoping to get in on some ranked Battle-grounds action, and with a bit more practice maybe even some arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...